Targeted Acquisition Service
IndustryPro has been in the M&A industry for over three decades and by leveraging our business model, contacts, and databases, we can reach owners who have not publicly announced their desire to sell. While we primarily work with private equity groups, in recent years strategic buyers have been engaging IndustryPro to supplement their corporate development efforts. Strategic buyers have been discarding ad hoc deal sourcing and instead retaining IndustryPro to design and implement targeted acquisition programs. We have now successfully performed such services for large multi-billion dollar corporations as well as lower middle market firms.
For business owners in the middle and lower middle market, this program can be especially rewarding. Often companies prepare their companies for a future sale by improving their operations or product/services offerings through acquisitions. We can help identify those areas in which a company could be improved via acquisition, design an acquisition plan, and implement the plan.
To accomplish a targeted search on your behalf, we would proceed with the following steps:
- Appoint an IndustryPro Director as a primary point of contact.
- Fully understand the target criteria–to include size, geography, niche of industry, and strategic purpose.
- Search IndustryPro’s databases and alert IndustryPro current industry contacts of the new search. Leads generated from this activity are used as the beginning of a target list.
- At the same time, the Director–with the help of an analyst–will generate additional businesses matching your criteria. To secure owner contact information, we will use our proven and refined methods–direct marketing, on-site business meetings, trade shows, and recruitment of industry experts for warm introductions.
- Once we have a workable list of potential targets, we will contact the owners directly. We will use agreed upon language to describe the opportunity to the owner, request a conference call introduction, and start to gather relevant operational and financial information on the company.
- For each target that agrees to consider an acquisition, we will assist you in the areas desired, to include:
– Writing a report on the target
– Gathering due diligence documents
– Earning the owners trust to assure closing and assist in the deal negotiation
– Creating and maintaining a data room
– General coordination efforts
“Our experience working with IndustryPro has been very smooth. They have done a good job showing us potential new platform investments as well as add-ons, which we would not have seen otherwise. Most recently, IndustryPro sourced a target that fit our investment parameters on behalf of an existing platform investment. We are hopeful we will close another deal with them soon.”
-Andy Mathes, Source Capital
IndustryPro has closed over $2 Billion in transactions since its founding in 1991.