What our clients are saying...
" Your experience, professionalism, and hard work all conspired to result in a successful sale."
Owner of Elliott Bay Yachting Center
|What does the selling process look like?|
There is no easy way to sell your company, at least not properly. Yet suprisingly, many owners put less planning into selling their company than planning their company picnic. If after considering your options, you decide to sell with IndustryPro, below is our typical process:
Step One: Strategic Planning & Preparation of Materials
Timing 3-4 weeks
- Gather information-answer questionnaire
- Provide 5 year financial summary
- Other information (market, management, industry info)
- Discuss options with owner; identify best deal structure.
- Prepare CIM (Confidential Information Memorandum) and Virtual Data Room (VDR)
- Determine ideal buyer profile. Identify potential buyers (Financial and Strategic)
Step Two: Preliminary Contact and Communication with Potential Buyers
Timing 3-5 weeks
- Send one page descriptor to selected buyers
- Obtain confidentiality agreements
- Distribute CIM, VDR access
- Screen and qualify buyer commitment level and ability to close
- Set up calls
- Preliminary information requests and due diligence
Step Three: Management Meetings and Presentations
Timing 4-8 weeks
- Follow-up information requests and additional due diligence
- Obtain Indications of interest (IOI)
- Select best potential investors (strategy, chemistry, enterprise value, terms)
- Set up visits
- Management meetings with qualified buyers
- Letter of Intent (LOI)
- Selection of final Buyer
Step Four: Final Negotiations and Closing
Timing 8-12 weeks
- Financial Due diligence
- Prepare and negotiate definitive agreement
Total time can be 6 months to 1 year.
This process inevitably becomes dull and painful, but our goal is to get to know the selling company as best we can so as to limit the owner’s workload and keep the process running smoothly. If done right, these efforts are well worth it.